A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweden, semi 2: a good night for all things familiar

I have to blame my new time-consuming job, as I am yet to wrap up Saturday's semi in Sweden. My bad.

What was beyond clear was that Sweden still loves all things cosy and familiar, things you feel you can depend upon. Sanna Nielsen's entry could be written ten years ago, Brolle's forty-five years ago. Both made it to the final.

The modern surprise was that Loreen made it to Andra Chansen with her rather introvert dance track. Most welcome.

A shame - a big, big, big shame - though, that Christian Walz was kicked out with his magnificent little pop drama. The best, the most fashionable, and the most heartfelt fell flat on its nose.

I think Christian Walz will have his revenge on the radio. And on iTunes.

As for the rest, well... Given how much gossip I have heard about the exceptional standard this year, the two first semi finals have been a bit of a let-down. There is the usual amount of filler material, this week represented by Anniela and Bettan.

And as for Babsan's entry... Is it still so enormously hilarious with men in drag that you don't need a good song or a clever idea to make it big? The televoters seem to agree with me rather than with Babsan. Good audience.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Babsan, but that's just me.

    The theme of my review for this semi-final, was "train wreck..."

    ReplyDelete