A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fingers crossed for Slovenia tonight

Tonight, I might lend an eye to EMA 2011, the Slovenian national final for Düsseldorf. I have always had a soft spot for Slovenia.

Maybe it is because they mainly like the same things I like. Fun, uptempo songs with choruses you can hold on to.

They were also the odd-one-out in Former Yugoslavia, just like Finland is among the Nordic countries. Maybe I feel some kind of kinship here?

Just too bad that the last two Slovenian entries have been such complete disasters. First a neverending string orgy with nothing going for it, then a headless car crash of a mix between polka yodel and fossil rock.

No, no, no, Slovenia! That's not the way to do it. Tonight there are a few contenders that sounded promising and that could be good ones to send off to the ESC.

And while you get ready to pick, I will share one of my all-time Slovenian favourites. It didn't do particularly well either, but at least it is a sweet song.



1 X Band - Tih deževen dan (Slovenia 1993 preview)



1 X Band - Tih deževen dan (Slovenia 1993)

1 comment:

  1. Anette from NorwayMarch 1, 2011 at 12:46 AM

    I LOVE 1993!! It's my favourite year, mostly because of songs like the Slovenian, the finnish, and of course - the last entry from Luxembourg... Remember their preview video? :-D

    ReplyDelete