Yle has just revealed the running order for the grand final of Eurovision laulukilpailu, the Finnish selection, to be held at Caribia in Turku on February 12th.
The finalists will perform in the following order:
1. Eveliina Määttä - Dancing In The Dark
2. Sami Hintsanen - Täältä maailmaan
3. Milana Misic - Sydämeni kaksi maata
4. Paradise Oskar - Da Da Dam
5. Cardiant - Rapture In Time
6. Johanna Iivanainen - Luojani mun
7. Father McKenzie - Good Enough
8. Marko Maunuksela - Synkän maan tango
9. Saara Aalto - Blessed With Love
10. Stala & So - Pamela
Like in most national finals, this running order is not the result of a draw. The proucers have decided the order themselves in order to make a better tv show.
If that is the goal, it is somewhat surprising that TV2 for the second year running starts the show with the only song not selected by the televoters. Quite the opposite of starting the show with a bang.
I'm also puzzled why TV2 has placed so many low-energy entries back to back in the beginning of the show? It almost looks like they were trying to make Cardiant stand out from the other competitors.
Stala & So gets a similar treatment at the very end of the presentation. Is this Yle's way of telling the televoters it would be time to send a rock entry to Eurovision again?