A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Semi 1: 04 Hungary / Pioneer



My first reaction to "Pioneer" was pretty much this: when will my dear, beloved Hungary stop falling for all these pointless "message"-songs and just hammer out something like Kati Wolf or Bye Alex again?

Then the whole thing started growing on me. I like the staging. I like the fake whistling. And I do like Freddie quite a bit. Not just because he is stunningly handsome - he is, but that's beside the point - but because he has some sort of vibrant quality in addition to an interesting voice that helps the whole thing come to life.

"What About My Dreams" it is not. But it should certainly be good enough.

Qualifier:
Yes. Freddie and his boys will sail into the final but should not bet all their money and their houses on a top placing there.

My grade: 3/5



Freddie / Pioneer (Hungary 2016 preview clip)

No comments:

Post a Comment