A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tobson's Ranking: #36 Montenegro

I still find this funny and clever - but there are limits to how much of a stage breakdown you can allow yourself in this contest.



Rambo Amadeus - Euro Neuro (Montenegro 2012)

From the word go, I thought the Montenegrin comeback to Eurovision was really something extra. I thought Euro Neuro was a clever and daring little song. Obviously political, but what was it mocking, really?

Excellent preview clip, a catchy chorus and a beat you could dance to had the thought crossed your mind.

I really defended it for as long as I could, but by the time the first semi final came around not even Rambo Amadeus himself seem to enjoy this any longer. Even though the stage show is quite funny (I love the end bit where one of the dancers gets kidnapped by the other two), Mister Amadeus himself decided to run amoch and ruin most of it with his truly erratic appearance.

Maybe his fans at home will love him even more for it. But for me it ruins what could have been the gem of the year. Too bad.

My grade: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment