A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tobson's Ranking: #21 Portugal

I used to consider this as nothing but a snoozefest... and then I saw the light.



Filipa Sousa - Vida Minha (Portugal 2012)


I thought this to be just a poor man's "Senhora do Mar" (which I wasn't particularly fond of in the first place), but sometimes being surrounded by the right group of people will make you see a song differently. As one of my colleagues really liked this one I decided to give it another shot.

Filipa and her backing singers deliver a very polished package with a fair share of real pathos and emotion.

Too bad it didn't break though to the greater part of the audience, but quality isn't always enough in a competition where you also need a certain amount of luck.

(And I am still waiting for the day when the Portuguese will bring us a convincing and heavy-scoring modern pop entry that could bring the contest to Lisbon. What is taking them so long?)

My grade: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment