A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Semi 1: 10 Lithuania

I keep getting Lithuania wrong - when I predict them to fail, they qualify and vice versa. Which should be excellent news for Andrius Pojavis.



Andrius Pojavis - Something (Lithuania 2013)

Actually, I quite like the Lithuanian entry. The radio-friendly guitars, the knowingly stumbling verse before the melodic verse. Andrius himself.

He seems very happy to be on stage, his eyes are sparkling and twinkling and the enthusiasm spills into his voice.

Unfortunately, the enthusiasm spills into the whole performance. As a performer, you should always identify what your real job is and do it as well as you can. When you sing on television, you should focus on the viewers at home.

Judging from the preview clip, Andrius has a hard time focusing on anything at all. He flirts with the audience as well as his backing singers. He gets carried away, improvises and tries to make people clap along.

He does almost anything in his power to distract the viewers from his own song.

Unless he sharpens up and gets his priorities straight, he will not stand a chance. Neither with viewers nor with jury.

Qualifier:
No, not as it is. He would have had much better chances in the second semi.

My grade: 2/5

2 comments:

  1. Andrius wins the flirting competition this year, no doubt about it. That will be all he wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really not sure about our song this year. Was a bit out of the loop during the national qualifiers so to me he's unexpected. The song is quite nice but I agree there with you, he must up his performance. I don't think he'll make it to the final.

    ReplyDelete