A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Tobson Ranking: #33 Georgia

Wanting to be different at Eurovision is a great thing. But different alone is not enough.



Eldrine - One More Day (Georgia 2011)

Georgia goes Linkin Park and sends in a band with attitude aplenty and vocal abilities en masse. Too bad they don't have much of a song to work with.

I always wanted to like this, given it's refusal to be streamlined and adorable, but just found the lack of a proper chorus too frustrating.

In Düsseldorf, however, I felt that this hard-working group managed to pump enough energy and conviction into their performance to make it work for me. At least for three minutes. But then I never feel the need to listen to it again, once it is over.

So, all in all, a medal for bravery and devotion. Minus points for thinking that lacking a song isn't a problem in a song contest.

My grade: 2 / 5

1 comment:

  1. I liked this up until the moment I heard and saw it on the contest. I still think it's a decent song, but there were problems. One of those is screetching like a banchee vs singing like a person. The other is Endrine seemed to have no clue what they were singing and it showed. This is a perfect example of why the open language rule sucks. I would have been okay with it was sung in Georgian - i think everyone else may agree.

    ReplyDelete