A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Semi 2: 14 Slovenia


Slovenia almost dropped out of the contest due to financial difficulties and - most properly - a dissatisfaction with their own results. A qualification would come in handy this year to secure future participation but you don't always get what you wish for.



Tinkara Kovač - Round And Round (Slovenia 2014)

Slovenia is a country I love. Tinkara Kovač is a performer I have had a fondness for ever since the 1999 Slovenian national final where she ended in 2nd place with a great song. I would never object to a solo singer waving an instrument at the audience in a threatening and menacing way.

In other words, I really want to like this entry and I also do. It is a solid entry that is well sung and enjoyable.

But if someone as determined to like it as I am have this much trouble remembering what it sounds like once it is over - what are the hopes anyone else will remember it? Let alone vote for it?

Qualifier: No. I don't see it happening. I'd love to be wrong, as any final would be better with a flute in it.

My grade: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment