A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Semi 1: 13 Estonia / Play



When I make my predictions I try not to be influenced by anything else than my own instinct, taste and backbone reactions. Especially I try not to pay attention to what "everybody" says. Easier said than done, but I try to.

Sometimes it is extra hard. In my book Jüri Pootsmann should be bang in the final with his classy and slightly Bond-esque "Play", penned by last year's Estonian representative Stig Rästa. For me, Jüri is cool beyond words with a slightly dangerous edge, like he had a volcano hidden in his chest, ready to erupt at any given moment.

It's just that too many people seem not to see what I see or hear what I hear. Could it be "Play" is not as easily accessible as I thought it would be?

Qualifier:
Yes. I decided that I'm probably right and those other people are wrong. Jüri must be in the final and that's just it.

My grade: 4/5



Jüri Pootsmann / Play (Estonia 2016 preview clip)

1 comment:

  1. The problem for me in this song is that you wait for the eruption that never comes.

    ReplyDelete