A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Friday, April 22, 2016

Semi 2: 11 Slovenia / Blue and Red



Slovenia is a very ambitious ESC country that puts on a big and varied national final and sometimes finds that special entry that makes them talked about and noticed. Like last year.

This year I'm afraid they will remain in the shadows of the contest instead. Their chosen song is pleasant and enjoyable, a charming little country bagatelle that never really takes off. The chorus is surprisingly flat and while the singer is charming she doesn't quite own the stage.

This is the song everyone will enjoy but nobody will vote for.

Qualifier:
No. I wish I could see it happen but it won't.

My grade: 1/5



ManuElla / Blue and Red (Slovenia 2016 preview clip)

1 comment:

  1. This song may not be the best song of the 2nd semi final in my opinion either, but at the moment it is the song I most like to listen to. Whereas most of the other songs are filled with so much different elements and volume, this lighter approach feels comfortable in my ears. But I believe not enought people will like it enought for it to get to the final.

    ReplyDelete