A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Semi 1: 12 Austria / Loin d'ici



I get the feeling that Austrians are reluctant to good ideas the first time they see them. They rejected Conchita Wurst the first time around and opted for a song that ended last in its semi instead. Last year they rejected Zoë and opted for a song that scored nul points in the final.

(They also rejected Trackshittaz the first time around but as that fact ruins my point I am going to ignore it for now.)

Maybe Zoë is not a new sensation on any kind of Conchita-scale but what I first considered to be a heart-warming personal favourite bound to stay in the semi has grown into a bit of a dark horse. Different, appealing and refreshing. Singing in French is also a nice touch.

Qualifier:
Hopefully. Possibly a bit too simple to break through to a televoting audience but Zoë would certainly deserve a spot in the final.

My grade: 4/5



Zoë / Loin d'ici (Austria 2016 preview clip)

No comments:

Post a Comment