A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Hungary 2012: Compact Disco to Baku

In my short overview on Friday, I completely overlooked the fact that also Hungary selected their entry this weekend.

How could I? I have always had a soft spot for Hungary and their entries, and always keep some fingers crossed for them at some point.

The winners Compact Disco is a handsome bunch who, by the sound and look of it, probably listened to Hurts "Happiness" album until the CD turned to dust.



Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts (Hungary 2012)

You can have worse sources of inspiration, of course, and this song is the kind of grower that starts showing potential on the second listening or so.

A little bit of work here and there, a bit of a tighter production and, perhaps, some vocal coaching, and this could, with a bit of luck, at least make it out of the semis without too much effort.

On a first listening, my impression was that it would have sounded better in Hungarian and that the lead singer didn't always come across as understanding what he was singing. But there is plenty of time to work on that, too.

3 comments:

  1. "probably listened to Hurts "Happiness" album until the CD turned to dust."

    This was the perfect sentence to make me listen to the track (and make me laugh). Yes, you are right, but the song itself is so disappointing, because you raised my expectations! It needs better singing and a smoother, more 'electro' production.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite enjoyed the previous Eurovision. I hope this one will be amazing, too! Already got a reservation in one of the hotels in Baku! :) I consider myself lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmy: I hope you'll have a great time in Baku. If you see me there, come up and say hi. I'm the guy from Finland who's trying to look busy instead of lost. :)

    ReplyDelete