A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tobson Ranking: #19 Switzerland

Just like Iceland, a relaxed and likeable performance lifted this simple song to new heights.



Anna Rossinelli - In Love For A While (Switzerland 2011)

As a song, I still find this a bit too basic for its own good. Nothing wrong in keeping it simple - that is what I wanted Cyprus and some other countries to do. But there is a clear difference between simple and primitive.

My main objection is that this one sounds more like a jam session than a finished, polished song contest entry.

In Düsseldorf, it felt more like a real song. And when the Mother Sun that is Anna Rossinelli shines down over the whole thing, it is hard to resist.

It is never fun to be last in the final, but for a country like Switzerland it must have felt nice to be back at all.

My grade: 3 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment