A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Song Of The Day: Switzerland 1997

Isn't it funny how some songs will just pass you by at first and then, slowly but steadily, grow on you at some safe place in the back of your head?

I was largely unimpressed by this one in the previews, and during the actual voting I was hoping for it not to score more as I felt it didn't particularly deserve more than the five points it had.



Barbara Berta - Dentro di me (Switzerland 1997)

Today, my biggest objection is that you should not be allowed to wear a cap when you are a backing singer for a ballad unless you are hidden behind a sheet or similar.

The song itself has eaten its way into my conscience, and I really like it very much. I like it so much that I really wish Barbara had managed to keep her act together and sung as well as she reportedly did in rehersals.

But then you can always enjoy the studio version instead. Laid back, jazzy and very pleasing - a genre I wouldn't mind hearing more often in the ESC.



Barbara Berta - Dentro di me (Switzerland 1997 preview)

No comments:

Post a Comment