A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tobson Ranking: #39 Lithuania

Old-fashioned isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if the tv-screen almost turns black and white when your song starts, then you are overdoing it.



Evelina Sašenko - C'est Ma Vie (Lithuania 2011)

For quite a long time, I would have defined Evelina is part of the same group as the singers from Belgium and Romania. Smug. But then she got her act together for the final, if I remember correctly.

Then she managed to come across as warm, elegant and classy. She sang really well and the sign language gimmick felt more sincere than just a cheap gimmick.

Too bad then, that the song is so fantastically void and empty. It contains absolutely nothing. Pompous and pretentious.

The fact that the juries showered this in points, especially in the semis, is enough for me to start questioning the whole idea of having juries.

What is the point to have juries if they vote for songs that are no good?

My grade: 1 / 5

1 comment:

  1. Magnificent performance, but I loath people who sing parrot style and dont understand a word their singing

    ReplyDelete