A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Tobson's Ranking: #24 Iceland

My eyes can see and my ears can hear that this is a neat and proper tune with a duo that does everything right. And yet it doesn't provoke a single emotion in me.



Greta Salóme & Jónsi - Never Forget (Iceland 2012)

There are so many good ingredients here, really. I like the slight feeling of menace in the arrangement of the verses. I like the build-up. I like the way their voices gel. And I even like the violin, and it doesn't make me think too much of Alexander Rybak.

But somehow, the end product doesn't do much for me. Maybe it is just too predictable, too eurovision by the numbers, too much schlager factory.

The musical equivalent of a fresh and tasty standard salad that will do nicely for a quick lunch on a week day. Good for as long as it lasts, but nothing you will remember once it's over. Even if it comes in a very nice package.

My grade: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment