A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Melodifestivalen gem: Lena Ericsson 1982

Today, the whole list of songs for Melodifestivalen was published. Thirty-two songs that will be wildly discussed throughout spring and who are already focus for an awful lot of speculation.

It would be nice if Sweden kept its positive trend after Eric Saade's third place. Sweden needed a couple of slaps across the face, but I believe the message - you can't keep sending in the some old thing over and over again - has sunken in.

Of course it will be interesting to see who wins and all, but I am more looking forward to finding a new set of personal favourites, those tiny little pearls that the masses may forget about but that will stay with you forever.

Like the runner-up in the 1982 Melodifestival from Gothenburg. A complete commercial failure, totally forgotten outside the eurovision circuit. But to me, it is a precious little gem that lives very close to my heart.

Lena Ericsson sings it very well and the adorable lyrics, carefully crafted by Britt Lindeborg, makes me go all bubbly and happy inside.



Lena Ericsson - Någonting har hänt (Sweden 1982 national final)

No comments:

Post a Comment