A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tobson's Wish List: Donkeyboy for Norway

They made quite a splash with their single "Ambitions", but I somehow managed to miss the whole Donkeyboy phenomenon until I went to see them in concert in Helsinki about a year ago.

And I was pretty much blown away.

Great stage presence, great songs, great songs and I had to get their really fine album as well. I found on the net that it had recieved some catty reviews, pointing out that the final album could not live up to the promise of the fantastic single, but don't be fooled. Donkeyboy are a most impressive pop act.

Of course I want most impressive pop acts to go to Eurovision, and as Norway went face first into the ground in 2011 (when "Haba Haba" only ended third last in its semi) they could be eager to make an impression in Baku.

I'm not sure this band would see themselves on a Eurovision stage, but here's hoping.



Donkeyboy - Ambitions

No comments:

Post a Comment