A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Tobson Ranking: #8 Moldova

How much madness can you stuff into a mere three minutes? Well, the Moldovans are about to find out...



Zdob si Zdub - So Lucky (Moldova 2011)

This song is perhaps the musical equivalent of being trapped in a fun house together with Moldova's own Red Hot Chili Peppers.

You just have no idea what they're about to do next and I love it. I love the crazy hats. I love the broken lyrics. (Does anyone have a clue what their song is really about?) I love the girl on the unicycle and the fact that she doesn't once play her silly flute.

Above all I love the background projections, where the Tim Burton-esque witches go wild all over the place, flying in all possible directions.

And I love the fact that this song is moonstruck delirium version of Petula Clark's Don't Sleep In The Subway considering the way it is constructed, turning the dynamics upside down.

In a year where a few entries too many just aim to please, something looney is bound to end up among my faourites.

My grade: 4 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment