A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Preview clip: Yugoslavia 1989

Being the impressionable young boy that I was, there were many things I found extraordinary in the world of Eurovision in the 80's. But one thing that I really loved were Yugoslav entries and, above all, Yugoslav preview clips.

Like in 1989 - I thought it was so funny, so vibrant, so full of life. It seemed they were all so very happy and had such a good time in Yugoslavia.

Little did I know, the whole federation was slowly collapsing and would, two years later, plunge into civil war.

I just loved Riva, I loved the clip, I loved the cheesy little chorus and I was so very happy that Yugoslavia finally got to win.



Riva - Rock Me (Yugoslavia 1989 preview)

No comments:

Post a Comment