A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Latvia: Musiqq to Düsseldorf

Last night, Latvia arranged the 2011 edition of Eirodziesma and selected their entry for Eurovision. The final choice fell on "Angel In Disguise" by duo Musiqq.



Musiqq - Angel In Disguise (Latvia 2011)

I wasn't too impressed when I reviewed all competing songs earlier in the week and I am not likely to change my mind anytime soon.

The main singer has a good voice, but the song is too weak and repetitive to be a real contender. Minus for the cheesy lyrics and the not too brilliant rap break before the last chorus.

Latvians are good at selecting something I wouldn't expect them to select, so I shouldn't be surprised, I guess. But this is not the song to bring a second victory to the land of amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment