A Swede who lives in Finland and who is lost in Euroland - the wonderful world of Eurovision
There is always some matter to discuss or just a song I want to share
Very welcome - I hope you'll like it here!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Is Sanna the new Agnetha?

Had a quick look at the sneak previews shown on SVT Play tonight, and now I have a very rough idea what Saturday's eight Melodifestivalen entries will sound like.

I will get back to them more in detail, but I'd like to share one thought.

When I saw Sanna Nielsen on stage, her outfit, her presence, her sound, everything, I started thinking about Agnetha Fältskog doing solo material in the 80's.

A bit like this:



Agnetha Fältskog - I Won't Let You Go

Is Sanna Nielsen the new Agnetha Fältskog? I could think of worse labels to wear...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe not Agnetha, but Sweden's Céline Dion, if you look at her styling in the MF semifinal today. It was as if Ms Dion from mid 1990's had bloded her hair. And when Sanna sings in english, she sounds not much different from the Eurovision winner of 1988. Don't you agree?

    I have to say that I prefer the swedish version of Sanna...

    Mikko Suhonen

    ReplyDelete